Each year defective drugs and/or medical devices injure thousands of people. In order to prevent these defective products from reaching the public, the FDA has established specific protocols and regulations that are placed on the manufacturers. When a company fails to properly investigate their product or fails to report any problems or side effects, they put the health of their customers at risk and violate the law.
Injuries sustained from using defective drugs or medical devices can not only cause physical injury, but also financial hardship. Our attorneys have extensive experience in identifying and pursuing claims for our clients who have been affected by these products and drugs.
- Our GranuFlo lawyers filed a lawsuit against Fresenius Medical Care, alleging that Fresenius violated federal regulations by failing to inform customers of the link between its dialysis product GranuFlo and cardiac arrest.
- Our transvaginal mesh lawyers have filed lawsuits on behalf of women who suffered complications after receiving a transvaginal mesh implant. Women have alleged that the medical devices have resulted in mesh erosion, mesh contraction, and other serious injuries.
- We represent women who suffered organ perforation, device migration, and other complications after receiving the Mirena IUD.
- We represent men who suffered heart attacks, strokes, blood clots, or other serious cardiovascular events after taking prescription testosterone supplements.
- Girard Gibbs partner Eric Gibbs serves as Co-Liaison Counsel in consolidated Risperdal litigation in California State Court in Los Angeles, representing thousands of young men suffering from gynecomastia, or male breast growth, after taking Risperdal and Invega anti-psychotic drugs.
- Our female litigation team represents women who suffered perforation and migration injuries; ectopic pregnancies and miscarriages; allergic reactions and other complications from Essure permanent birth control.
- Our female litigation team represents breast cancer survivors who suffer from permanent hair loss after undergoing chemotherapy treatment with Taxotere (docetaxel).
- Our personal injury attorneys are investigating kidney damage allegedly caused by the use of certain heartburn medications called proton pump inhibitors, such as Nexium, Prilosec, and Prevacid.
- In the Medtronics Defibrillator mass tort, our personal injury lawyers represented people who had been affected by an issue with certain Medtronic implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICD) and cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillators (CRT-D) that eventually led to a recall. Medtronic ultimately settled with more than two thousand plaintiffs.
- We also represented patients who received faulty Sprint Fidelis Defibrillator Leads manufactured by Medtronic, which were subject to a recall after it was found that lead fractures had led to inappropriate shocking in some instances. Thousands of cases involved in the Multidistrict Litigation settled in 2010.
- Our Actos Lawyers filed a lawsuit against Takeda Pharmaceuticals alleging that Actos, a drug prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes, is linked with an increase in the risk of bladder cancer for patients who take the medication for over a year. $2.3 billion has already been awarded to Actos claimants in lawsuits nationwide.
- Our Yaz Lawyers settled lawsuits on behalf of dozens of women injured by Yaz and Yasmin birth control medication who alleged that Yaz and Yasmin can increase the risk of serious side effects including heart attack, stroke, and blood clots. Bayer Healthcare paid out $1.7 billion to women nationwide injured by its birth control products.
Contact our Personal Injury Lawyers
If you believe you have been injured by a defective medical device or drug, please fill out the form to the right or contact us toll-free at (866) 981-4800.